Converting Leads is a breeze with the Lead Conversion module. This module allows mass converting Leads without creating duplicate Contacts and Accounts all in one pass. Leads can be compared to Contacts and Accounts using powerful and flexible matching techniques. When matches are found, the Leads are converted and merged (with their campaigns and activities) into the matching Contact, or a new Contact on an existing Account. There is also an option to convert the remaining Leads that did not match any existing records to brand new Contacts and Accounts!
During the conversion process there are options to create Opportunities, follow-up Tasks, and specify the ownership of the new records, including ownership overrides for when the Lead being converted is owned by a queue or an inactive owner.
DemandTools uses Salesforce's conversion code to perform the actual conversion. There is not an option to "custom" convert or combine data when converting Leads like there is with Single Table Deduplication. Information from the Lead is inserted only into blank fields; Salesforce does not overwrite existing Account and Contact data.
Capabilities & Features
- Compare all or a subset of Leads to all or a subset of Contacts and Accounts
- Options to select Leads from a specific Campaign, even filter by Campaign Status
- Ability to compare Leads to JUST Contacts or JUST Accounts
- Multiple Contact and Account matching steps in a single pass
- Control over which matching Contact/Account to convert the Lead into if multiple matches are found
- If no matches are found, option to create brand new Contacts and Account or do nothing (do not convert unmatched Leads)
- Ability to convert Leads from Validity's DupeBlocker Warnings
- Ability to read in a spreadsheet with Lead and matching Contact or Account ID's (only included in DT 2.91 and not yet available in DTV)
- Customizable creation of Opportunities during conversion
- Users can specify Opportunity Name, stage, owner and close date
- Full control over ownership of any new Contacts/Accounts/Opportunities created during the conversion
- New Contact email notification and customizable follow-up task creation options
- Robust results grid featuring grouping capabilities, conversion statistics, match report by step, and inline editing
- Export grid options including matched record files with Lead and Matching Contact or Account ID's
- Ability to populate a user created custom field on the Lead record with the matching Account ID
- Leads converted using Salesforce's conversion code honoring conversion field mappings as specified in Salesforce
- Can be scheduled through Windows Task Scheduler and/or DemandTools JobBuilder