I found my duplicate records but when I select "Merge Checked" in the Single Table Dedupe results grid I keep getting the following error, how can I resolve?
02-01T01:49:25-05:00,,"Dedupe action for single group started",Lead,,,,,,""
2010-02-01T01:49:25-05:00,,"Deduplication by group failed",Lead,,,,,,"No Master Object"
This error is due to not choosing a master record in the duplicate group (the pins to the left of the duplicate records are still grey). A "Master" is the record selected to be the surviving record that all data from the other records in the group will be merged into.
How to pick a Master:
1. Custom Merge
- Groups can be custom merged by right clicking on the group heading (duplicate key) and selecting setup custom merge.
- With this option the user can choose which field values to keep.
- After selecting Accept, the pins turn blue indicating a custom merge was set up for this group.
2. Manual Selection
- Manually select a master by double-clicking one of the pins. The double-clicked pin will turn green and the others in the group will turn red (the "non-masters/subordinates").
3. Master Rules
- A master rule can be applied to determine the master.
- After applying the rule, one of the pins will turn green in each group
- If "use score delta" was checked in the rule a master might only be picked for some groups (those were one record scored higher), and in other groups the pins stay grey due to a tie score.
More information on Master Record Selection can be found here.
NOTE: As noted above, applying a master rule does not guarantee a master will always be chosen. If the "Use Score Delta" box is checked (lower left) in the master rule, a master will ONLY be chosen when one record scores higher by the specified score delta. In the event of a tie score NO MASTER will be chosen.
If the "Use Score Delta" box is UNCHECKED, a master will always be selected, in the event of a tie score it will always just pick the first record in the duplicate group.