Single Table Dedupe is a very powerful grouping tool as well as a deduper!
- Set up a scenario to find Account dupes based on name alone
- Include the Account ID and Parent ID field in the list of “Fields to Show”, along with any other fields that will help determine which record should be the parent (e.g. Type, Account Site etc.)
- In the grid of found matches it will display all Accounts that have the same name (or similar names if you used the “Cleaned Account Name” mapping type)
- Determine which record should be the Parent Account
- Right click on the Parent Account ID field for the first record in the group and select “Update Group Rows”
- Type the Account ID from the Parent Account record in this field, and click update value. Remember the ID’s are case sensitive.
- If there is a particular record(s) in a dupe group you don’t want to have the Parent ID, just right click on the Parent ID field for that record select “Update Record” and set the field back to blank.
- NOTE: The updates are processed in real-time, THERE IS NO NEED TO (nor would you want to) SELECT “MERGE CHECKED OBJECTS” TO POST THE CHANGES. Just exit out of Single Table DeDuper when done.
**The Parent Account is now reflected on all the records! The actual Parent Account will not have itself as its own parent as this particular update will fail in Salesforce.