Step 1: Select Dynamics Entity to Dedupe or Load Scenario
Manual Object Selection
Use this option when creating a scenario from scratch. If loading a saved scenario this step can be skipped, as the entity referenced in the saved scenario will load automatically along with the other saved scenario settings.
- Select the object to deduplicate in the Dynamics entity to dedupe drop down box and click Use Entity
There is no NEW scenario button. To build a custom scenario simply pick the desired object in the Select entity to dedupe box, build the scenario on the various screens and then Save Scenario. If saved in the DemandToolsData\Scenarios folder scenario it will show in the list of scenarios on the left. A new folder will be created if there were no existing scenarios for a particular object.
Select Fields to Show on Found Duplicates Grid
- In pre-built scenarios, some standard fields have been selected; name, address information, owner and phone etc.
- Be sure to select fields that will help determine if the duplicates returned should be merged, e.g. DUNS number, account number,or any internal unique ID's etc. (may or may not be fields chosen to match on)
- Other fields to include are those that will help in the selection of the master record
- To select a field, click the checkbox next to the field
- To remove a field uncheck the fields checkbox or highlight the selected field and click delete on the keyboard
- Clear: Removes all selected fields
- Fields will be displayed on the results grid in the order in which they were added
- Fields can be dragged and dropped to any position in the list and all other fields will be automatically renumbered accordingly
- Dropped fields will be placed above the highlighted field
Quick ways to find a desired field:
1. Right click in the list if fields to bring up a Filter field option.
2. Type the first letter of a field name to scroll to the first field with that character.
Select Records to Search
Look for duplicates across all the records in this entity, or a subset of records. Reasons to subset may be volume or strategic related
- Strategic: Only look for duplicates within a particular account type
- Volume: Only look for duplicates within a particular state(s)
1. Select Use All to look at all records for this object or Use Conditions to subset
2. If Use Conditions is selected create conditions by picking a field, operator and value
Select to move to Step 2 and specify the matching criteria.
Click HERE to navigate to Step 2 documentation.