I am trying to pull the Salesforce IDs based on a date field and it is not returning any matches. Is there anything special that I need to do with date fields in order to get them to match?
The accepted format for dates in Salesforce is YYYY-MM-DD.The date in the input file will need to be in that format to be matched.
Dates displayed in DemandTools show as MM/DD/YYYY; this is just a display format.
Note: Adjustments may need to be done to excel or the PC to save the date in the desired format.
- CSV Files:
- The short date format in the "region and language" settings in windows control panel will need to be changed to yyyy-MM-dd to get the csv file to see the dates in this format.
- If this is not updated the date will continually change back to MM-DD-YYYY (or whatever the short date format is set to).
- Once the matching is complete, the short date format can be changed back to the desired format.
- XLS, XLSX Files:
- When selecting the "Date" format, may have to change the "Locale" in excel to one that supports the format YYYY-MM-DD (i.e. English (Canada)). This option IS NOT available with the English (U.S.) locale.
- Once the matching is complete, the locale can be changed back to the desired setting.
- Hint: Try using "match first 10 letters" mapping type if no matches are found using the above method in Excel