I am exporting Account IDs.
- Salesforce reports return: 0013000000F6xo3 (15 digits)
- DemandTools returns: 0013000000F6xo3AAB (18 digits)
Demand tools gives 3 extra digits at the end but both take me to the same record.
Why are they different?
- The full ID is 18 digits but Salesforce always just shows the first 15 digits. Anytime DemandTools provides an ID (i.e. when showing in grid results, exporting etc. we always use the 18 digit ID).
- DemandTools WILL work with both the 15 digit or 18 digit ID
- We have the algorithm built into our software to convert a 15 digit ID to its 18 digit counterpart so the user DOES NOT have to convert the IDs before inserting or updating records in DemandTools.
NOTE: When using Find/Report IDs or PeopleImport to match a 15 digit Salesforce ID field from an input file the the corresponding ID field in Salesforce (i.e. an Account ID) the mapping type "Salesforce.com ID match" should be used instead of "Exact".
The "Salesforce.com ID Match" type can be used with either a 15 or 18 digit ID. "Exact" will ONLY find matches if the input file has the 18-digit ID.
More information regarding 15 vs. 18 digit id's can be found in the following Salesforce Help and Training link.