I have a list of Account ID's and I need to export all the Contacts for those specific Accounts. What is the best way to do this?
There are 2 ways this can be done using DemandTools' Find/Report ID's or MassEffect.
****Option 1: Find/Report ID's****
Use Find/Report ID's (in the Discovery section) to compare the Account ID's in the spreadsheet to the Contact table in Salesforce. The export option of "Single match per line export file" can export all Contacts associated to an Account!
- Read in file of Account ID's
- Select the Contact table as the Object to use/compare against
- Choose the fields to return when a match is located
- In screen 2 compare against all Contacts
- Match based on Account ID. Compare the Account ID field in the spreadsheet/input data to the AccountID field in Salesforce using the Salesforce.com ID match mapping type.
Once the results are generated choose the "Single match per line of export file" for the ability to export all Contacts found that matched to the provided Account ID's.
More information on Find/Report ID's can be found here.
Use MassEffect to flag the Accounts you need the Contacts for, and then export the Contacts using MassEffect:
- In Salesforce, create a custom checkbox field on the Account Table called "Need Contact". Make sure it is visible to the System Administrator, but do not need to add to the page layout.
- In MassEffect, select "Newly Added Fields" so that the new field is shown in the Account Table.
- Read in the spreadsheet with the Account ID's, and update the Accounts setting the new "Need Contact" field to "True" (can right click on the field and use the "Add Constant" feature to set to true).
- Right click on the Contact table and export all the Contacts where the Account.NeedContact field = true (using multi-table join to access the Account Fields from the Contact table).
More information on MassEffect can be found here.