What are the server requirements to run DemandTools?
If running DemandTools from a server we suggest at least the following Hardware and Ram. Scroll down for Port information.
- 32bit or 64bit Windows server (DemandTools will run as a 32bit application under any Windows 64Bit OS unless the 64 bit version of DemandTools is being used)
- RAM: At least 4 Gigs
- VMware can be used as long as the user logged in can access the registry settings
- License Info:
- It is by Salesforce Organization or limited by salesforce.com UserID (if named admin is enabled).
- Port Communication:
- 99.99% of communication is between *.salesforce.com on port 443. This includes the login call plus any selects, updates, inserts, merges, etc.
- After login, a single call is made to our (Validity, Inc.) license server via port 443 to www.crmfusion.com in order to verify an active license for the organization and user, based on their OrganizationID and UserID.
- In short, all communication is on port 443 and only to *.salesforce.com and www.crmfusion.com.