DupeBlocker 3.X can be upgraded to newer 3.X version without having to uninstall the previous version. Upgrading vs. uninstall/reinstall will keep customizations intact including updates to page layouts, DupeBlocker Settings, Scenario updates etc. Additionally, outstanding Warnings will not be deleted.
DupeBlocker keys should ALWAYS be rebuilt after an upgrade to ensure that all changes have been implemented and keys have been updated accordingly.
Note: Classic users upgrading from 3.9 (or lower) to 3.10 (or higher), will also need to add the DupeBlocker Logs tab to the DupeBlocker Application. Detailed instructions on how to do this can be found below.
DupeBlocker can be downloaded directly from the Salesforce AppExchange by clicking Get It Now by the DuperBlocker application. This will bring you directly to the Salesforce AppExchange listing.
After selecting the 'Get it Now' button on the Salesforce AppExchange page, a prompt will be displayed asking whether the application should be installed in a production or sandbox environment. Follow the Salesforce prompts to select the appropriate environment, confirm the install location, then re-enter the Salesforce login credentials in the Salesforce login screen for that environment to begin the install.
Users switching from Classic to Lightning (starting in version 3.10) will want to reference the 3.10 Release Notes - Lightning Ready and/or the Initial Configuration - Lightning for specific Lightning configuration steps.
Installing the Upgrade
The page header will indicate the current version that is installed and the version that it will be upgraded to. The page footer will note the details of the version being installed.
Note: The View Components and API Access buttons can be selected to show details regarding the Package Components that will be upgraded as well as the API access granted to this application for Salesforce Objects.
In between the header and footer is where to specify the level of access by profile for the application.
1. Install for Specific Profiles: Will default to Install for Admins Only. Change to Install for Specific profiles to ensure all users have the appropriate access to utilize the end-user features of DupeBlocker.
2. Set Access Level for all profiles to: Select Non-admin Users and click Set
- Existing profile customizations will not be affected. Any new components will be assigned the appropriate permissions for non-admins.
- Optionally, update the access level for specific non-admin profiles to DupeBlocker Administrator for profiles that should have full access to the DupeBlocker application including the ability to create/modify scenarios, monitor all warnings etc. to ensure these users have full access to any new components.
3. Click Upgrade
Completing the Upgrade
The following screen will be shown indicating the status of the upgrade:
Note: Typically a message is generated from Salesforce that the package is being upgraded, and that an email will be sent when complete.
Adding the DupeBlocker Logs tab to Classic UI
Note: This is only required for Classic users upgrading from version 3.9 (or lower) to version 3.10 (or higher). Not required in Lightning Experience (tab will already be available).
Classic users who upgrade to the new release, and will continue to use Classic vs. Lightning Experience, will need to manually add the Tab to the application.
- To do this in the Classic UI, go to Setup -> Create -> Apps -> DupeBlocker
- In the "Choose the Tabs" section, locate the DupeBlocker Logs tab and add it to the Selected Tabs just after DupeBlocker Settings
More information on what is captured in the DupeBlocker Logs tab can be found HERE .