DupeBlocker is a real time deduplication tool developed 100% on the Force.com platform using the APEX development environment. This product can be downloaded from the Force.com AppExchange and installed directly into a Salesforce Unlimited, Enterprise or Developer instance. Once installed and configured, DupeBlocker will stop and/or warn end users when they are entering duplicates. Duplicates can also be auto-merged or auto-converted if desired.
Note: DupeBlocker can be installed in a Professional Edition instance but requires the API add-on to be purchased from Salesforce.
DupeBlocker is designed to work for any SINGLE insert/update to Salesforce, including records inserted/updated directly through the Salesforce user interface and Web to Lead inserts. It will NOT trigger blocks or warnings for batch inserts/updates (e.g. third party API applications that process inserts/updates in batch mode, Salesforce Data Loader or Import Wizard), but the duplicate keys created to detect duplicates will be kept up to date.
- Duplicates to Accounts, Contacts, Leads as well as ANY other object can be detected and merged including custom objects
- Lead to Contact and Lead to Account matches can also be detected
- Allows matching on any field in Salesforce, including custom fields
- Scenarios can be customized to include filters to limit when they will be triggered
- Filters can be based on specific fields within the object itself, or based on the attributes of the current Salesforce user who is inserting or updating a record
- Dual filters can be created to have one set of criteria apply to the incoming record and different set of criteria apply to the matching existing record
DupeBlocker will work with Person Accounts, but additional configuration steps are required to function properly.
- More information on special considerations when detecting Person Account duplicates can be found HERE .