Warnings are primarily created in DupeBlocker when a potential duplicate has been detected for a particular scenario and the Match on Insert/Update Action is set to Report Duplicate in Scenario details.
Warnings are also created when:
- A Lead to Contact or Lead to Account scenario is set to block and the record being inserted/updated is a Contact or Account. By default, blocking only occurs when the Lead is inserted/updated. Warnings will be created in lieu of a block if the Block Account/Contact Matches is NOT checked in the Scenario Details. More information on this option can be found HERE.
- A Lead to Contact or Lead to Account scenario is set to auto-convert and the record being inserted is a Contact or Account. Conversions will ONLY occur when the Lead is inserted. Warnings will be created when a Contact/Account is inserted and there is a matching Lead. There is NO option to override this behavior. More information on auto-convert can be found HERE.
- A Lead scenario is set to block and the Lead that is being inserted/updated contains a Lead Source value entered in Web Lead Sources in DupeBlocker Settings. In this case a Warning will be created in lieu of the block. More information on configuring this special handling of Web Leads can be found HERE.
- Starting in Version 3.10, Lightning Experience users can also configure DupeBlocker to create Warnings when VIEWING a record, regardless of the matching action.
- Available ONLY in Lightning
- Requires the DupeBlocker Potential Duplicates lightning component to be added to the Lightning Page
- Detailed instructions on this option/component can be found in the Initial Configuration - Lightning page.
Warnings will be created for each scenario that triggers a potential duplicate. Therefore, it is possible to have multiple warnings generated for one insert/update. For example:
- If an Account is inserted and it matches on both a Semi Rigid and Loose scenario, 2 warnings will be generated
- If a Lead is inserted/updated and matches to an existing Lead, as well as an existing Account and Contact, 3 or more warnings can be generated
Warnings should be reviewed on a regular basis
- If the records are confirmed as duplicates they can be merged from the warning
- If the records are NOT duplicates, the warning should be manually deleted
For more information on Monitoring Warnings, click HERE