Key building can be a time-consuming process for orgs with high data volume. So, it is important to be able to test DupeBlocker Scenarios without going through a complete key build after each qualifying change or after initial creation/deployment.
DupeBlocker keys records when they are created and edited. This makes it possible for a user to quickly test the scenario’s efficacy and proper setup.
Steps to test a Scenario marked as needing a rebuild:
- Create a DupeBlocker Scenario
- Go to an existing record you want to test with and click Edit and Save
- Existing records are keyed when they are modified and saved. This record has now been keyed for all deployed DupeBlocker Scenarios for this object type.
- Create a New Record that matches the record from Step 2 based on the settings (matching rules and filters) of the DupeBlocker Scenario created in Step 1.
- New records are keyed when they are saved. This record has now been keyed for all deployed DupeBlocker Scenarios for this object type.
- If the test is successful, the record created in Step 3 will have the scenario match on insert action applied (block/merge/report).