I have a list of replacements, suffixes, and prefixes that I want to add to the custom Clean Account Name Settings in the DupeBlocker Settings tab. I know I can manually add them directly via the DupeBlocker Settings tab, but I have a pretty long list I'd like to mass upload. Can this be done?
More information on the Cleaned Account Name Mapping type and associated settings can be found here.
Yes, but ONLY in DupeBlocker 3, this CANNOT BE DONE in DupeBlocker 2. To do this you will need to create an input file to be uploaded via the Salesforce Data Loader, DemandTools MassEffect, or equivalent Salesforce Data loading tool. The input file needs to be created precisely as described, failing to do so will cause unwanted results/errors.
1. Export all current Settings from the CRMfusionDBR101_Account_Name_Filter__c Settings table
2. Sort the file by "crmfusiondbr101_type__c" and "crmfusiondbr101_index__c" column
3. Note the last used index# for each type (replace, suffix, prefix)
- NOTE: Step 3 is CRITICAL to ensuring the import of new values is successful and does not break existing settings! A sample of the exported file of existing settings is attached for reference,
- Account Name Filter BEFORE.csv file is attached above
- Last "replace" index value: 7
- Last "suffix" index value: 10
- Last "prefix" index value: 2
4. Create an input file with the following columns:
5. Add the new data to the file and save
- crmfusiondbr101__index__c: Use the NEXT number for the desired type (replace, suffix, prefix) as the starting number for the new values for that type
- Increment the number by 1 for each entry of that same type
- crmfusiondbr101__replace_value__c: New Value (as seen in the user interface in the Replacements tab). We recommend putting the "abbreviation" here for replacements (i.e. when wanting the replace center -> ctr, but ctr in this column.
- ONLY populated when the type is "replace" and you WANT to replace with a new value
- leave blank when the type is suffix, prefix, or when wanting to replace a value with a blank (i.e. ignore punctuation)
- crmfusiondbr101__target_value__c: Existing Value (as seen in the user interface in the Replacements tab), or Suffix/Prefix Value. We recommend putting the full word here for replacements (i.e. when wanting the replace center -> ctr, put center in this column.
- crmfusiondbr101__type__c: Specify the setting type: replace, suffix, prefix
- name: Formula field concatenating the crmfusiondbr101__type__c and crmfusiondbr101__index__c fields, i.e. replace8
- Can use the the formula =D2&A2 in excel (assuming crmfusiondbr101__type__c is in cell D2 and crmfusiondbr101__index__c is in cell A2)
- Copy the formula and paste to all rows in the spreadsheet
6. Insert the file into the CRMfusionDBR101_Account_Name_Filter__c Settings table
- Assuming fields used the exact column names provided, you can simply auto-map the field and process.
- CRMfusionDBR101 Account Name Filter Insert.csv is attached above
- New Index for "replace" entries started with 8
- New index for "suffix" entries started with 11
- New "prefix" entries started with 3