Actions appear in three places on the grid: on the record level, in the More menu or as a button. Actions are crated from the Manage Grid->Manage Actions Page and enabled for each grid on the Grid Wizard Select Fields page.
- Record Actions
Actions that apply to individual records (e.g. Open Record) are can be accessed by clicking the ellipsis icon (1) next to each record on the left side of each row.The “Open Record” action (2) is displayed for every record by default. “Open Record” will open the record detail page in a new window. Single Record custom actions (3) associated to this object will appear below the standard GridBuddy Connect actions. Clicking on the action will invoke it for the record you selected it from.
- Global Actions
Global actions can appear as a button (4) or as a global action in the “More” dropdown (5)
If the action has an upward arrow icon, it will be launched in a new window. If the action has a “grid” icon, it will be launched as a grid overlay.
The top bar of the grid overlay has a few useful links.
- Next to the action name (“List SF Opportunities” in the example above), there’s an icon (1) that will open the action in a new window.
- On the right, the “close & refresh” link (2) will close the overlay and refresh the grid. This is helpful when the data you’re working with in the overlay affects the data in the original grid.
- The “close” link (3) will simply close the overlay.
The More menu includes some of the less common actions GridBuddy Connect ships with (all of which are configurable), as well as Batch and Global custom actions associated to this grid:
- (1) Grid Wizard links
- Edit Settings: opens page 1, Configuration, of the Grid Wizard
- Edit Fields: opens page 2, Select Fields, of the Grid Wizard
- Edit Admin Filters: opens page 3, Define Filters, of the Grid Wizard
- (2) Standard grid functions
- Mass Create:quickly create multiple object records with parent or related object rows within your grid
- Export:export grid data in CSV or XLS file formats
- (2) Standard grid actions
- Reorder/Hide columns
- (3) Custom/global grid actions
- Search the Web: this is an example of a custom action
More menu open on a grid showing standard and custom actions.
Batch and Global actions can also be customized to display as buttons instead of menu items in the More menu. These buttons will appear at the top of the page next to the other grid buttons.
The Show menu appears on multi-object Grids. This menu allows you to expand and collapse child object sections.
- Toggling the “Related objects” checkbox will show or hide the related object sections.
- Toggling the “Related records” checkbox will expand or collapse all related records.
- Toggle the object record checkboxes, e.g. “Opportunity” or “Contacts”, will expand or collapse related records of that object type across parent records.
The settings in the Show menu can be configured on page 1, Configuration, of the Grid Wizard.
Show menu open on a Grid of Accounts, Opportunities, Contacts, and Leads. Leads and Contacts are collapsed.