GridBuddy Connect customers should set up a single GridBuddy Connect account. Inside of it, they should add a “Sandbox” connection, a “Production” connection, and a connection for any other orgs they need to build or test grids in. Basically, a connectionshould be added in your single GridBuddy Connect (GBC) account for any Salesforce org in which these grids need to be available.
Process for migrating grids between environments:
- Create a connection in your GBC org for every Salesforce org in which you need to manage grids. For example, Sandbox and Production.
- Build your grids using the Sandbox connection and test those grids in that same Sandbox Salesforce org to make sure they are exactly what you need.
- Clone each grid you want moved into Production.
- Click “Manage Grids” and select the grid you want to clone
- Click “Clone” in the top right corner
- Change the Connection from “Sandbox” to “Production”
- Click "Save.”
- Test the grids in your Production Salesforce org and confirm they’re working as expected.
Note: To migrate Salesforce changes such as Lightning tabs, page layouts, fields and object changes, you’ll need to include those in a change set.