You want to set a default value for certain fields on a grid without modifying the Salesforce Object.
- In Grid Wizard step 2, click the ellipsis to the right of any field on your grid.
- Check the Default Value checkbox and select what you want the default value to be.
- For example, on a Contact grid, I have clicked the field property ellipsis for the “Status” field, and selected “New” as my default value.
- Click Save and go to your grid.
- Click Refresh and then click the New button to create a new record.
- You will see the field(s) you modified pre-populated with your selected default value.