Actions are processes that run against your data. They can be links to records such as Salesforce pages, GridBuddy Connect grids, or external URLs or processes. Actions are created from the GridBuddy Connect Wizard > Manage Grids > Manage Actions page.
To create a new action, click the “New” button and fill in the action details:
- Enter the Action Name, a free form field that labels the action.
- Choose the action Type.
- If the action applies to only one record at a time, choose the “Single Record” option. The action will appear within the vertical ellipsis to the left of each grid record,
- If the action applies to a set of records, choose “Batch”. The action will appear as a button or menu item at the top of the grid, and you must select at least one record to launch the action.
- If the action does not rely on any grid records, choose “Global”. An example of a Global action would be a link to a Salesforce report. The action will appear as a button at the top of the grid, and it does not require any records to be selected for it to launch.
- The Location field will only be displayed if the action is type Batch or Global.
- Location has two options: Menu and Button.
- The Location configuration field lets you customize whether this action will appear on the grid under the “More” menu or as a button at the top of the page.
- Choose Connection. This is the datasource for the selected Object (the object this action will be available on. If you want to access the action on an Opportunity record, you should select Opportunity as the object)
- Choose an Object, which can be a standard or supported custom object. You can then add this action (in Grid Wizard step 2) to any grid that includes this object.
- Select the Display Behavior. It determines how the action should be launched.
- Window overlay/Grid overlay: a popup window over the grid
- New window: new tab/window depending on browser settings
- Action Drawer: below each record in the grid (only available for single record actions).
- The URL that will be launched upon execution of the action.
- Should be an absolute URL starting with http or relative URL starting with /.
- Relative URLs can only link to grids within GridBuddy Connect.
- Name of the ID Parameter to be persisted to the url.
- For example, you would input ‘recordId’ if you defined a ‘Single Record’ type action and the endpoint url expects a parameter named ‘recordId’.
- GridBuddy Connect will persist ‘recordId=<id of the record where the action was launched>’ to the url.
- For most cases, this may simply be ‘id’.
- Optional: The Confirm Action option lets you enable a confirmation dialog before performing this action.
- If Confirm Action is enabled, the Confirmation Message field allows you to customize the message in the confirmation dialog.
Single record action:
Button for batch or global action:
Action drawer action: