A tabbed workspace allows you to access multiple GridBuddy Connect grids from a single Salesforce Lightning tab. Each Salesforce tab can then be enabled for individual profiles or permission sets, effectively controlling which grids your different teams access.
- First, create the grids you want to see in your tabbed page via GridBuddy Connect > Manage Grids > New.
- Next, create a tabbed page. This should include all the grids in left-to-right order that will appear in your Salesforce Lightning tab.
- Create your tabbed page under GridBuddy Connect > Manage Tabbed Pages.
- Name your tabbed page, set the tab height if 500 px is too short, and select Add tab for each grid you want in your tabbed page.
- For each tab, enter a name and select the grid. You can leave Grid URL Parameters blank; those are only necessary when you embed grids onto a Salesforce record.
- Select Save.
Next, create the Salesforce Lightning tab. You will embed your grids onto this tab and then make it available to the appropriate profile or permission set.
- To create a Salesforce Lightning tab, go to Setup > Lightning App Builder > Create a new Lightning app page.
- Go to New > App page > Name it (something like “Sales Rep Tab Workspace”) > Select One region > Select Finish.
- Drag the GridBuddy Connect Lightning Component into the Lightning page.
- Copy the GridBuddy Connect Embeddable URL from GridBuddy Manage Tabbed Page and paste it into the GridBuddy Connect Lightning Component Grid URL field.
- Increase the height to match the height of the tabbed page.
- Save and activate this page.
- When you save, the Lightning App Builder will automatically create a custom Lightning Tab with the same name. It will ask you if you want to enable this tab for all users, or for system administrators only. If you pick system administrators, you will have to enable this tab manually for the appropriate profiles / permission sets.
- Select the back arrow to leave the builder view. Navigate out of Salesforce Setup, then select the pencil icon to add your new tab to your Salesforce interface.
If for some reason you cannot build a Salesforce Lightning page, you can build a Visualforce page and tab, which will look and act similar to the Lightning setup.
- Go to Setup > Visualforce Pages > Create a new Visualforce page.
- Paste this code into the new Visualforce page (make sure to first paste into a text editor to remove any hidden formatting):
<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false">
<GBConnect:GBCEmbeddedVFComponent gridUrl="https://www.gridbuddyconnect.com/page/embed/15E2BF27-BD17-456A-AC6E-1E03256EDCF7" height="800" />
- Paste the embeddable URL for your GridBuddy Connect tabbed page or grid into the italicized section of the above code, replacing the sample URL.
- Go to Setup > Tabs > New Visualforce Tab. Point to the Visualforce page you just created. Name it, decide who has access to see it, and select Save.
- The tab is now available. Select the pencil icon in your Salesforce app to add this tab permanently to your view.