If you use Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics as your CRM and Zendesk for support tickets, you can use cross-object linking to see the account and comments related to a specific ticket, or to see all the tickets filed by an account or a contact.
- Use Manage Grids to open or create the grid you want to manipulate. This grid can use Salesforce, Dynamics, or Zendesk as its connection, but the parent object must be selected from whichever connection is specified.
- In our example configuration, the grid is named Salesforce Contact and Zendesk Ticket, and the Parent Object is the Salesforce object Contact.
- In a grid using Zendesk as its connection, the Parent Object would be the Zendesk object Ticket.
- Select Next to move to the Select Fields and Formatting page.
- In the Choose Objects column (column 1), scroll down to Additional Objects and expand it, then select the connection.
- In our example, select Zendesk. If you’ve set up a Zendesk grid, select your Salesforce connection.
- Select your object.
- In our example, select Ticket. If you’ve set up a Zendesk grid, this is where you would select Contact or Account.
- In the Choose Fields column (column 2), select fields for your grid.
- In the Selected Fields column (column 3), select fields to map your parent object to your additional object.
- In our example, map your contact name to your ticket requester ID.
- Select Next, then Save, and open your grid.
In our example, your grid now shows a Salesforce contact and all the Zendesk tickets filed by that contact.