Do I need to rebuild my grids for my Lightning migration?
- You do not need to recreate any grids for a Lightning migration. All grids stay exactly the same in Lightning vs. Classic.
- If you used the "Grids" tab in Classic, there's no change in Lightning
- If you used ‘manage tabbed pages’ in Classic, there's no change in Lightning
- If you embedded grids on a record detail page in Classic, there’s no change in Lightning: Those embedded grids will get automatically placed on the "Details" tab on the Lightning page layout
Recommended updates after your LEX migration
- AppBuddy recommends updating your embedded grids to use GridBuddy Lightning Components rather than VisualForce components to optimize discoverability and screen real estate
- There are three GridBuddy Lightning Components:
- GridBuddy Grid: This allows you to embed a single grid onto a record detail page. You can add filter parameters directly onto the LEX component.
- GridBuddy Grids: This is the Grids dropdown menu.
- GridBuddy Tabbed Page: This allows you to embed a tabbed page of grids onto a record detail page. You can manage filter parameters in Grid Wizard > Manage Tabbed Pages.
How to embed a GridBuddy Lightning Component onto a record detail page
- Click ‘edit page’
- Click the tabbed area and add a tab for your embedded grid (repeat this if you want to add multiple grids on separate tabs)
- Scroll down to the Custom-Managed Lightning Components on the left of the page
- Select the appropriate GridBuddy Lightning Component that you’d like to embed on the page:
- The GridBuddy Grids dropdown menu
- An individual GridBuddy Grid
- A GridBuddy Tabbed Page
- Drag the GridBuddy Lightning Component onto your new tab
- Click the GridBuddy Lightning Component that you placed on the record detail page, and:
- Select the Grid Name or Tabbed Page Name
- Add filter parameters if needed (for the individual embedded grid)
- Modify the component height if needed
- Set component visibility if needed
- Click “Save” and “Back” to see the functional grid on the page.
Screenshots of GridBuddy Lightning Components
Embedded individual grid after ‘save’:
Embedded tabbed page in “Edit Page”:
Embedded tabbed page after ‘save’:
Embedded Grid dropdown menu in “Edit Page”:
Embedded Grid dropdown menu after ‘save’: