Actions appear in two places on the grid: on the record level, and in the More menu.
Actions that apply to individual records (e.g. Convert Lead) are accessed by clicking the ellipsis icon (1) next to each record on the left side of each row.
The “View record detail” and “Open record detail” actions (2) are displayed for every record by default. “View record detail” will open the Salesforce record detail page in an overlay, “Open record detail” will open the record detail in a new window.
In edit mode, the “Clone record” action (3) will appear if the user is allowed to create new records. Cloning a record will also copy the fields that are not configured on the grid. Cloning a record does not clone its related records.
Single Record custom actions (4) associated to this grid and object will appear below the standard GridBuddy actions.
Clicking on the action will invoke it for the record you selected it from.
If the action has an upward arrow icon, it will be launched in a new window. If the action has a “grid” icon, it will be launched as a grid overlay:
Grid overlay launched from an Opportunity Product to create and edit Opportunity Product Schedules.
The top bar of the grid overlay has a few useful links.
- Next to the action name (“Edit Product Schedules” in the example above), there’s an icon (1) that will open the action in a new window.
- On the right, the “close & refresh” link (2) will close the overlay and refresh the grid. This is helpful when the data you’re working with in the overlay affects the data in the original grid.
- The “close” link (3) will simply close the overlay.
The More menu includes some of the less common actions GridBuddy ships with (all of which are configurable), as well as Batch and Global custom actions associated to this grid:
(1) Grid Wizard links
- Edit Settings: opens page 1 of the Grid Wizard
- Edit Fields: opens page 2 of the Grid Wizard
- Edit Admin Filters: opens page 3 of the Grid Wizard
(2) Standard grid actions
- Save & Return: saves the grid and reloads in read-only mode
- Mass Create
- Delete All
- Reorder/Hide columns
Batch and Global actions can also be customized to display as buttons instead of menu items in the More menu. These buttons will appear at the top of the page next to the other grid buttons.
The Show menu appears on multi-object Grids. This menu allows you to expand and collapse child object sections.
- Toggling the “Related objects” checkbox will show or hide the related object sections.
- Toggling the “Related records” checkbox will expand or collapse all related records.
- Toggle the object record checkboxes, e.g. “Opportunity Product” or “Tasks”, will expand or collapse related records of that object type across parent records.
The settings in the Show menu can be configured on page 1 of the Grid Wizard. See the Display section for more information.
Show menu open on a Grid of Opportunities, Opportunity Products, and Tasks. Tasks are collapsed.
The Groupings menu appears if group by fields have been configured for a Grid. This menu allows you to expand and collapse sections under grouping headers.
- Toggling the “Expand groupings” checkbox will show or hide grouping headers and data rows.
- Toggling the “Show record details” checkbox will show or hide parent object data rows.
The settings in the Groupings menu can be configured on page 1 of the Grid Wizard. See the Display section for more information.
Groupings menu open on a Grid of Opportunities grouped by Account Name and Stage. Record details are hidden.