You can provide access to a single Grid by creating a web tab for it.
- Go to the Grid Wizard. Select the Grid from the Grid drop down list. Copy the value of the “URL” that shows on the page after the Grid definition loads.
- Go to Setup > App Setup > Create > Tabs.
- Click “New” under Web Tabs.
- Choose your Layout and click “Next”.
- Enter Tab Name, Label, Display Properties, and click “Next”.
- On the URL Details page, enter the Grid URL into the URL field, and click “Next”. The Grid URL should look like:
/apex/gblite__Grid?gname=[your Grid name]&ro=1
- Specify Profile access and click “Next.”
- Add the Tab to Custom Apps and click “Save.”
Now that the new Web Tab has been saved, it is recommended to add the Web Tab id to the tab URL. This will make the new Web Tab look highlighted when clicked.
- From the Custom Tabs page click the new Web Tab to open the Tab detail page.
- Copy the id of the Tab from the URL. The id in the example URL is bolded:
- Click “Edit”, click “Next” until you get to the URL Details page.
- On the URL Details page, append “&sfdc.tabName=
” to the URL in the URL field. The Grid URL should now look like:
/apex/gblite__Grid?gname=[your Grid name]&ro=1&sfdc.tabName=
If, for example, you created a Grid named AccountGrid, and the tab id from step 2 was 01r50000000PyA3, the Grid URL would look like:/apex/gblite__Grid?gname=AccountGrid&ro=1&sfdc.tabName=01r50000000PyA3
- Click “Save”!
Now that the Web Tab has been defined, grant users access to the tab through Profile settings.