PeopleImport - API Login
Step 1: Proxy Setup
The Proxy Setup button is where proxy server settings are entered, and/or a custom endpoint is specified for logging into a sandbox.
- More information on Proxy Settings can be found HERE.
- More information on using PeopleImport with a sandbox can be found HERE.
Step 2: Enter the Salesforce Username and Password
PeopleImport is a Salesforce API application, therefore users enter their Salesforce login credentials (username and password).
- If a security token is required by the Salesforce org, then it will need to be entered also
- Paste the token directly AFTER the password (no spaces before or after)
- By default, login information is passed to the Salesforce production login servers, but an endpoint can be used to access a sandbox in Proxy Settings (see section above)
- Possible login errors and links to Validity Community Solutions on how to resolve:
Step 3: Save Password/Auto Login (optional)
- Save Password: Checked: Save the password for later logins
- Auto Login: Checked: Saves the password AND automatically logs the user in
- When checked, the login screen will no longer be displayed when launching PeopleImport
- Will be automatically unchecked if the saved information becomes invalid (i.e. password changed)
- Once logged in successfully, the auto login checkbox can unchecked in (lower left)
Step 4: Login
Click to login. Once logged in the login information will be displayed at the bottom of PeopleImport