There are two login options available: Salesforce API Login and Salesforce OAuth Login with support for custom domains. Users that do not use SSO can use either option for logging in, and those that use SSO will need to use the OAuth Login option.
Note: Although PeopleImport usage can be monitored like a connected app PeopleImport IS NOT a true connected app. The entire application can be blocked from using OAuth Login and/or specific users can have their current long term token revoked. A new successful login will generate a new long term token, therefore users cannot be fully blocked by revoking a token. Individual user access to PeopleImport is controlled solely on our authentication server and changes to access can be made by emailing our support department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- PeopleImport is a Salesforce API application therefore users enter their Salesforce login credentials (username and password), or SSO login credentials
- Users with Single Sign On MUST use OAuth Login
- A custom domain is required for SSO
- Users without SSO can use either login method
- A custom endpoint to access a sandbox is ONLY needed for API Login
- Non SSO Users: Use Sandbox Login checkbox
- SSO Users: DO NOT USE Sandbox Login checkbox, enter the Custom Domain for the sandbox
- Security Tokens NOT required for OAuth Login and MAY BE required for the API Login