PeopleImport for AppExchange has been designed for and is recommended to be operated on Intel based hardware and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012
- 32 and 64 bit
- Refer to Which Version: 64bit or 32bit to determine which version to install based on the OS version type (32bit or 64bit) as well as the version of Microsoft Office running on the PC
- Note: Earlier versions of Windows and Windows Server (including earlier versions of Windows Server 2008) DO NOT support TLS 1.2 and therefore are not compatible with DemandTools. Support for TLS 1.2 MUST BE ENABLED for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Please refer to the following Salesforce article for more information on support for TLS 1.2 and instructions on how to enable for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 RT: Salesforce disabling TLS 1.0
- 32 and 64 bit
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.6.2
- 500 MHz processor (Recommended: 1 GHz or faster)
- 32 Bit Operating System: Minimum of 2 GB RAM (3 GB recommended)
- 32bit version can only use a maximum of 2GB of RAM
- 64 Bit Operating System: Recommended minimum 4GB RAM
- 64bit version can utilize up to 32GB of RAM
- Extremely large list customers (or those comparing against giant Salesforce databases may consider upgrading to the maximum amount of RAM their operating system supports)
- Recommended 64bit Office when running 64bit version of PeopleImport
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution (this is screen size dependent)
- 200+ MB hard drive space
PeopleImport can ONLY be run on a MAC if the user is utilizing BootCamp, Parallels or equivalent that supports/runs a Windows environment.
NOTE: Users DO NOT have to have "Modify All Data" check on their Salesforce profile to use PeopleImport, however, comparisons will only be done against Leads, Contacts and Accounts that the user has the rights to see according to their security profile.
Although not required to login to PeopleImport, it is highly recommended that "Manage Users" be checked on the user's profile. If Manage Users is not checked, then the user does not have access to the user table and as such will only be able to assign records to themselves or a group or queue. They WILL NOT be able to assign records to another user.
Here is an example of the error that can occur when "Manage Users" is NOT checked:
2010-05-24T08:52:39-07:00,PeopleImport Update,"Converting Alias or Name to ID",,,,,,,"The input value of 00530000000vArOBhn could not be converted to an owner ID. The current Users ID was used"
In this case, the record IS STILL updated/inserted, but the owner will be changed to the current user (not the owner that was listed in the input file and mapped to the owner id field).