There are two ways to add jobs to the JobBuilder job list:
- Clicking the New Job button
- Dragging and dropping to the job list
Selecting "New Job" / Selecting New Job from the Edit drop-down
- The "New Job" function is accessible as a button in the Toolbar and in the Menu bar under the Edit drop-down
- When the button is clicked/option selected, JobBuilder places a blank job in the job list and the setup area is opened for job configuration. See image below:
- Click the selection tool or manually enter the parameter details
- Parameters are required to be enclosed in double quotes
- The quotes are automatically added when the selection tool is used
- The selection tool may be clicked each time an additional parameter is needed for one job
- Example: A MassEffect Import job has two required parameters, the scenario file path and the input data's file path. The selection tool can be clicked once to obtain the scenario path and then again to obtain the input data's file path.
Click HERE for more information on DemandTools scenario syntax.
Dragging and Dropping
DemandTools scenarios can be dragged from their file location to the JobBuilder job list for easy setup. Click the scenario, drag it to the list and drop it.
- Applicable only to DemandTools jobs
- Scenarios are dragged from their saved location and dropped into the JOB LIST - not the Job setup area
- Creates a DemandTools job parameter and applies default settings
- The quotes are automatically added to the parameter when using drag and drop to populate the job list
- Job settings can be modified in the job setup area by clicking on the job (or a group of jobs) in the job list
- Pressing and holding the ctrl or shift keys allows multiple jobs to be selected and modified
Working with Jobs in the Job List
- Enable check box
- Located on the left side of a job in the list
- Check to Enable a job (default setting), or Uncheck to disable a job
- Disabled jobs will not be run by manual or scheduled execution
- The batch will run only enabled jobs in order, top to bottom
- Right-click on a job in the list to expose more job management options
- Cut Job
- Copy Job
- Paste Job
- Edit Scenario
- Delete Job
- Start Job
- Move Up
- Move Down
Job order can also be changed by dragging a job and dropping.
Batches containing many jobs (like the image above) can be difficult to navigate when searching for a specific job.
Use the Remark tool to organize your jobs by Salesforce Instance or DemandTools module to manage the batch more efficiently. The use of color coding for the Salesforce Instance is also a great way to stay organized and quickly verify jobs are set to run in the proper instance.
- Once a job list is complete, save it for future manual use or to run on a schedule.
- Click the Save Batch button
- Clicking the Save Batch button on a previously saved scenario will not provide a save as option, go to File - Save Batch as... to expose the save as option and access the save dialogue box
- A dialogue box opens to name the .djb file and choose the saved location
- The default location to save scenarios is Documents/JobBuilderData