There are various reasons why campaigns you sent to the seed list may not appear in Everest Inbox Placement. Some of the common scenarios include:
- You paused or stopped deployment prior to completion—some or all reference addresses were not deployed or received by Everest.
- You performed an A/B test, and seeds had been added to your list before the test segments were created. Seeds were split between the two test sends and made it appear that many were missing from each segment. Typically the seed lists from the two sends can be matched up and seeds that are missing from one send will show delivery from the other.
- You did not implement an X-header or body tag, or it is improperly implemented.
- The campaign is still in the process of sending.
The primary solutions are to:
- Ensure that you send to all four reference addresses.
- Ensure you have an X-header implemented and properly functioning.
- Wait the length of your test duration for all of the seeds to report. To check your test duration:
- Go to Inbox Placement, then open the Customize button at top right.
- Open the Test Duration tab.
- Check your campaign duration (in hours). The default is 48 hours, but you can customize this setting to as little as 8 hours.
- Add the seed list after any segmentation or test sends have been created, to avoid splitting up the seed list.
Products affected, where to get data, and what data is used to troubleshoot
- Products: Everest
- Data used to troubleshoot:
- Reference addresses
- Deployment timing
- Is the campaign still sending?
- Is there a potential delay at the mailbox provider?
- Sending specifics such as:
- How were seeds implemented or added to list? Were they randomly distributed throughout the list, or placed at the beginning or end?
- Where were the reference seeds placed?
- Was an A/B test done? Were all of the seeds, including the reference addresses, added to both test segments?
- Was email stopped or paused during send?