Integrating BriteVerify with Marketo using webhooks (Transactional validation)
Getting BriteVerify into your Marketo workflow is easy to do using Marketo webhooks.
Here's what you need to get started:
- A BriteVerify account (sign up here)
- An API key
- If you're a Pay As You Go customer, you'll also need Auto-replenish to be turned on
- Admin permissions to your Marketo account
Create a new webhook
- Give your new webhook a name and description
- Enter the endpoint URL. Since we're setting this up for Transactional validation, we'll use that API endpoint.
- If you are using a public API key for this, make sure to add `/public/` before `fullverify` in the URL.
- Set the Request Type to POST
- In the template field, enter the information you're looking to validate in a JSON format. Add any tokens you're looking to use. See the documentation for more examples.
- Set Request Token Encoding to None
- Set the Response Type to JSON
Add your API key as a Custom Header
- Go to your BriteVerify account and create an API key, if you have not already done so.
- Create a new header row. The header key should be "Authorization", and the header value should be "ApiKey: [[your API key]]". The capital letters and the space between are important.
Map the responses
With Marketo webhooks, you can grab anything from the API response and store it back to your records. In this example, we're capturing and storing the status, some secondary status information, and the date of validation.
- Choose a data point to capture. The API returns its data in a nested JSON structure, so the Response Attribute should always declare the object (in this case, `email`) and one of the keys inside that nest (in this case, `status`). Marketo will grab the actual value corresponding to the key you're specifying.
- Choose the Marketo field you want that value to map back to.
- For items like date, system tokens can be used since the API does not, in most cases, include a timestamp in its response.
Your final configuration should look a lot like this. You're now ready to incorporate this webhook into your marketing activities flows.